How can you best protect your teeth from harm? Although there are multiple treatments out there for a variety of oral health ailments, it’s best to deal with any problematic situations before they even begin. However, in some cases, damage to your teeth and gums is done very rapidly, so you must protect your mouth from any harm that could come your way.
Listed below are some hazards that are often present in our everyday lives that you should avoid or exercise caution with:
– If you play any contact sports, make sure to use suitable safety gear to not only protect your mouth and jaw from damage but also your overall health as well.
– Many kinds of lip and mouth piercings are made of metal or a hard substance that can easily crack or chip your teeth, or even break off and cause infections, gum damage, and become choking hazards.
– Bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco immensely increase your risk for tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– Never open anything with your mouth, as this is an easy way to break your teeth or harm your gums.
– Some food and edibles may be a bit too thick for our teeth, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips, including corn on the cob, hard candy apples, oversized candy canes, and ice.
If you think you have any dental damage, please call New London Complete Health Dentistry so we can get you in to see Dr. Joshua Merrill and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in New London, Ohio, and we can be reached at 419-929-1544. We look forward to seeing you smile bright this season.